Women and Health
OMNI: the Carleton University Library search interface. Please see Help With Using Omni
Library of Congress Subject Headings (LCSH) use controlled vocabulary to access and express the subject content of documents. This is a searchable index based on the readings from your course outline. Click on a link below to discover the Library's holdings in this area:
- Add keywords
- Use the filters on the left of the resulting screen
- Typical filters are Available Online and Peer Reviewed Journals
- Besant, Annie, 1847-1933
- Birth control
- Clinical Trials as Topic
- Demographic aspects
- Device Approval
- Health -- Sex differences
- Human Experimentation
- Human rights in patient care
- Knowlton, Charles, 1800-1850
- Malthus, T. R (Thomas Robert), 1766-1834
- Medical care -- Sex differences
- Minority & ethnic groups
- Obscenity law
- Patient Selection
- Political activism
- Population control
- Population growth
- Sexual and reproductive rights
- The Fruits of Philosophy, or the Private Companion of Young Married People
- Women -- Health and hygiene -- Sociological aspects
- Womens rights
Other suggested databases
- Canadian Public Documents Collection: Curated collection of monograph publications from Canadian research institutes, government agencies and university centres working in the area of Canadian public policy, health and medical research. Includes the Canadian Public Policy Collection and Canadian Health Research Collection.
- CINAHL Database: Premier database for nursing and allied health literature.
- Communication & Mass Media Complete: Contains articles and citations for various communications publications.
- EBSCO Databases: Provides access to all databases available through the EBSCOhost interface. You may select multiple databases and search them simultaneously.
- ERIC: A database of articles dealing with topics related to education.
- Gender Studies Database: The database contains articles and other documents in the field of gender studies.
- Google Scholar: Google Scholar provides access to scholarly literature from many disciplines and sources. Indexes peer reviewed articles, theses, books, abstracts and court opinions, from academic publishers, professional societies, online repositories, universities and other websites.
- Health Statistics at a Glance: "Health statistics at a glance" covers information on socio-economic risk factors or determinants of health, health status, new information on health outcomes, expanded information on utilization of the health care system, and causes of death.The indicator tables show extended time series for Canada, provinces and territories.
- JSTOR: Digital library of academic journals, books and primary sources.
- Minority Health and Health Equity Archive: an electronic archive for digital resource materials in the fields of minority health and health disparities research and policy from uMaryland
- National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) - CDC: An overview of surveys and programs administered by the National Center for Health Statistics that have been completed.
- Project MUSE: A collection of scholarly journals in the arts, humanities and social sciences.
- ProQuest Databases: ProQuest provides access to a number of databases that cover most subject areas.
- PubMed: Provides access to citations covering all areas of medicine and associated fields.
- ScienceDirect Journals: Provides access to Elsevier journals in the physical sciences, engineering, life sciences, health sciences and social sciences.
- World Health Organization: The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health.