Consult the Library's general Government Information page including the Google custom search of all Canadian federal, provincial and territory government sites (at the top of the page).
For a consideration of gerontology worldwide, search these databases:
- Ageism in the health care system : short shrifting seniors? : hearing before the Special Committee on Aging, United States Senate, One Hundred Eighth Congress, first session, Washington, DC, May 19, 2003.
- Aging in poverty in Canada
DDV CA1 HW754 2005.A36 .EXF [also online]
- Aging well, time use patterns of older Canadians
- Canada's aging population : seizing the opportunity : final report
- Caring contexts of rural seniors
- Consumption patterns among aging Canadians : a synthetic cohort approach
DDR CA1 BS11 .F027 N067 .ENG
- Do older Canadians have more friends now than in 1990?
- Engaging retired leaders as volunteer leaders : a research report
- Gauging the path of private Canadian pensions : 2010 update on the state of defined benefit and defined contribution pension plans
- Governance and investment of public pension assets : practitioners' perspectives
DDV UN9 MG 2011.G53 .ENG [also online]
- A guide to end-of-life care for seniors
- Health care use at the end of life in Atlantic Canada
- Healthy aging
- The income management strategies of older couples in Canada
- Live longer, work longer
DDV ZZ ECA355 2006.L34 .ENG
- Long-term care : who will care for the aging baby boomers? : hearing before the Special Committee on Aging, United States Senate, One Hundred Seventh Congress, first session, Washington, DC, June 28, 2001.
- Mental health and aging
DDV CA1 HW751 2002.G18 .ENG
- Modernising social policy for the new life course
DDV ZZ ECA 2007.M57 .ENG [also online]
- Population aging and public infrastructure : a literature review of impacts in developed countries
- Providing pharmacare for an aging population : is prefunding the solution?
- Risky assumptions : a closer look at the bearing of investment risk in defined-benefit pension plans
- Seniors and technology
DDV CA1 HW751 2001.G17 .ENG [also online]
- Summary report on retirement income adequacy research
- Toward healthy-aging communities: a population health approach
- Well-being throughout the senior years : an issues paper on key events and transitions in later life
- Women, ageing and health : a framework for action : focus on gender
DDV UN9 WH 2007.W51 .ENG
Surveys and Data
- Ageing and the Life Course (World Health Organization)
- Seniors (Health Canada)
- Aging and Seniors (Public Health Agency of Canada)
Also check the search engine of the Public Health Agency of Canada for topics such as elder abuse.