Structural Analysis of a Industry.
- Begin with Business Source Complete.
Select Industry Profiles from menu on right hand side. Browse alphabetically to search by industry.
Search under BI for aggregrate data
- Mergent Online
Select the Report Search tab from the menu. Select industry of interest and then geographical region.
Go to Industries at the top of the page, select the relevant industry or industries and narrow by country.
Mouse over Companies/Markets from menu bar at top of page, select Industry. Select industry from the list provided.
- Conference Board of Canada e-Library
Browse by topic -> Industry Sector Economics for industry profiles or enter industry name in the search box.
- Buyer Power
- Supplier Industry
- Business Source Complete Industry Profile
- Bloomberg - go to company profile, key in supply chain
- Mergent Online
- The following directories will give you an idea of the number and location of firms that produce or can supply the products companies in your industry need:
There are also many trade/business directories available online. Do a google search for the region or country you need.
For example: business directory china
- Threat of New Entrants
- Threat of Substitutes
- Degree of Rivalry
Specialized reports from reputable sources:
- World Energy Outlook 2016 from the OECD
- Global Auto Report from Scotiabank
- J.D Power offers some info on ratings and customer satisfaction surveys for free.
- Look to investment and consulting firms for research on industries:
Look for valuable information and data from trade associations Google the industry + country + associations to find trade associations
- Canada - Statistics Canada
- Financial Performance Data (Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada)
- Canadian Industry Statistics (Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada)
- North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Canada 2017
- use search function in NAICS 2012
- United States - Census Bureau
- United States - Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Visualizations of Industry Data