Books to help with writing, citing, formulating research questions, etc.
Tip: Try a SUBJECT search in the library catalogue for Report writing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- The brief Penguin handbook
PE1408 .F24 2008
- Cite right : a quick guide to citation styles--MLA, APA, Chicago, the sciences, professions, and more
PN171.F56 L55 2006 [research help desk]
- The Craft of Research
Q180.55.M4 B66 2016 [also older editions and formats]
- Doing honest work in college : how to prepare citations, avoid plagiarism, and achieve real academic success
PN171.F56 L56 2004
- Doing research in the real world
H62 .G733 2009
- A guide to writing sociology papers
- Making sense : a student's guide to research and writing : social sciences
H62.N687 2007 [other editions on 4th floor]
- Research and report writing in the behavioral sciences; psychiatry, psychology, sociology, educational psychology, cultural anthropology, managerial psychology
- The sociology student writer's manual
HM73 .S637 2006 [other editions on 4th floor]
- Success in the social sciences : writing and research for Canadian students
- Writing research papers : a complete guide
LB2369 .L4 2005 [other editions also available]
- Writing the modern research paper
LB2369 .D44 2003
- Writing with sources : a guide for students
PE1478 .H37 2008
Need help with writing?
Book an appointment with the Writing Services.
Need help with citing?
Check the "citation management" guide on the right to get information about using citation management software such as Mendeley, Zotero or EndNote.