- Library search tool
- The library search engine, filters available for peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Technical literature in electrical engineering, computer science, and electronics.
- Engineering Village
- Applied sciences and engineering.
- Physics, electrical engineering and electronics, computers and control engineering and information technology.
- SPIE Digital Library Database
- Optics and photonics.
- Emerald Engineering
- Full-text of 16 journals in the area of engineering.
- Web of Science
- Multidisciplinary suite of databases
- Worldwide coverage of scientific, technical, medical and social sciences literature
This is not a complete list
Other Platforms/Search Tools
- Directory of Open Access Journals
- PubMed Central
- Scholars Portal
- CURVE (Carleton theses)
If the Carleton library doesn't have it...
- Library Search Tool is the library search engine.
- It searches most of the journal articles, books, ebooks, journal titles, games, music, videos, government information, and maps in the library.
- You can limit your search results to books by selecting Books/eBooks from the left hand menu.
- Several eBook Collections are available in the library. The following list covers life sciences.
- Dissertations and Theses Global
- Collection of dissertations and theses from around the world.
- CURVE (Carleton's institutional repository)
Academic research output and creative work voluntarily deposited by Carleton faculty, staff and students, as well as all dissertations and theses produced at Carleton.
- Canadian Patents Database
- Canadian Intellectual Patent Office (CIPO) contains all Canadian patents and images from 1933 to the present.
- Google Patents
- Fastest place to go for all U.S. patents and some U.S. patent applications.
- ASME Standards Collection
- ASTM International Standards Worldwide
- IEEE Standards via IEEEXplore
- Techstreet Enterprise
For more detailed informaion on patents and standards, see the following pages: Patents, Standards and Trademarks