- Library search tool
- The library search engine, filters available for peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Technical literature in electrical engineering, computer science, and electronics.
- Engineering Village
- Applied sciences and engineering.
- Physics, electrical engineering and electronics, computers and control engineering and information technology.
- SPIE Digital Library Database
- Optics and photonics.
- Emerald Engineering
- Full-text of 16 journals in the area of engineering.
- Dissertations and Theses Global
- Collection of dissertations and theses from around the world.
- CURVE (Carleton's institutional repository)
Academic research output and creative work voluntarily deposited by Carleton faculty, staff and students, as well as all dissertations and theses produced at Carleton.
This is not a complete list
Other Platforms/Search Tools
- Directory of Open Access Journals
- PubMed Central
- Scholars Portal
- CURVE (Carleton theses)
If the Carleton library doesn't have it...
- Library Search Tool is the library search engine.
- It searches most of the journal articles, books, ebooks, journal titles, games, music, videos, government information, and maps in the library.
- You can limit your search results to books by selecting Books/eBooks from the left hand menu.
- Several eBook Collections are available in the library. The following list covers life sciences.
- Canadian Patents Database
- Canadian Intellectual Patent Office (CIPO) contains all Canadian patents and images from 1933 to the present.
- Google Patents
- Fastest place to go for all U.S. patents and some U.S. patent applications.
For more detailed informaion on patents and standards, see the following pages: Patents and Standards