Oesterreichisch-Ungarischen document zum kriegsausbruch / Austro-Hungarian documents on the outbreak of war 1 july 1914 – 27 August 1914
Documents diplomatiques belges 1920-1940 5 v.
Czechoslovakia. Ministry of Foreign Affairs. New documents on the history of Munich 
- France. Ministere des affaires etrangeres. Documents diplomatiques, 1914: la guerre europeenne, 1: pieces relatives aux negociations qui ont precede les declarations de guerre de l'Allemagne a la Russe (1er aout 1914) et a la France (3 aout 1914) declaration du 4 septembre 1914. 
- France. Ministere des affaires etrangeres. Documents diplomatiques, 1938-1939: pieces relatives aux evenements et aux negociations qui ont precede l’ouverture des hostilities entre l’Allemagne d’une part, la Pologne, la Grande-Bretagne et la France d’autre part 
- France. Ministere des affaires etrangeres. Documents diplomatiques francais 1871-1914. Series 1: 1871-1900, vols. 1-16; Series 2: 1901-1911, Vols. 1-14; Series 3: 1911-1914, Vols. 1-11.
- France. Ministere des affaires etrangeres. Documents diplomatiques francais. 1915-1966.
- France. Ministere des affaires etrangeres. Documents diplomatiques francais 1932-1939. Series 1: 1932-1935, Vols. 1-13; Series 2: 1936-1939, Vols. 1-19
- France. Ministere des affaires etrangeres. Documents diplomatiques francais sur l’Allemagne, 1920 = Franzoesische diplomatenberichte aus Deutschland, 1920 2 v.
- France. Ministere des affaires etrangeres. The French yellow book: diplomatic documents concerning the events and negotiations which preceded the opening of hostilities between Germany on the one hand, and Poland, Great Britain and France on the other (1938-1939) Also available in print
This work is based upon Die Grosse politik der Europaeischen kabinette, 1871-1914 [see below], and is a selection of those documents, which concern Great Britain. It contains not only the documents, but the German notes as well
v. 1. Bismarck's relations with England, 1871-1890
v. 2. From Bismarck's fall to 1898
v. 3. The growing antagonism, 1898-1910
v. 4. The descent to the abyss, 1911-1914
- Germany. Auswaertiges Amt. Die Grosse politik der Europaeischen kabinette, 1871-1914: Sammlung der diplomatischen Akten des Auswartigen Amtes, im Auftrage des Auswartigen Amtes. 4. Aufl. 40 vols. in 54.
- Germany. Auswaertiges Amt. Akten zur Deutschen auswartigen politik, 1918-1945. (Series A, 1-14 vols.; Series B, vol. 1-21; Series C only in English translation below; Series D, vols. 1-10; Series E, vols. 1-8)
- Library has only Series D (1937-1945)
- See also the English translation of sections C and D under Documents on German Foreign Policy 1918-1945 below.
- Germany. Auswaertiges Amt. Documents on German Foreign Policy 1918-1945. Series C (1933-1937) The Third Reich: first phase. 6 v. [v. 1 Jan.-Oct. 1933.--v. 2 Oct. 1933-June 1934.--v. 3 June 1934-March 1935.--v. 4 April 1935-March 1936.--v. 5 March-Oct.1936.--v. 6 Nov. 1936-Nov. 1937.]
- Germany. Auswaertiges Amt. Documents on German Foreign Policy, 1918-1945. Series D (1937-1945) 13 v. [v. 1 From Neurath to Ribbentrop (Sept. 1937-Sept. 1938).--v. 2 Germany and Czechoslovakia 1937-1938.--v. 3 Germany and the Spanish Civil War 1936-1939.--v. 4 The aftermath of Munich, Oct. 1938-March 1939.--v. 5 Poland; The Balkans; Latin America; the smaller powers, June 1937-March 1939.--v. 6 The last months of peace, March-Aug. 1939.--v. 7 The last days of peace, Aug. 9-Sept. 3, 1939.--v. 8 The war years, Sept. 4, 1939-March 18, 1940.--v. 9 The war years, March 18-June 22, 1940.--v. 10 The war years, June 23-Aug. 31, 1940.--v. 11 The war years, Sept. 1, 1940-Jan. 31, 1941.--v. 12 The war years, Feb. 1-June 22, 1941.--v. 13 The war years, June 23-Dec. 11, 1941.--v. 14 Index
- Germany. Auswaertiges Amt. Outbreak of the world war: German documents collected by Karl Kautsky  This is a Translation of Deutschen dokumente zum kriegsausbruch 1914
- Germany. Auswaertiges Amt. Polnische dokumente zur vorgeschichte des krieges 
- Germany. Nationalversammlung. Official German documents relating to the world war; translated under the supervision of the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, Division of International Law. 2 v.
- Germany (East). Ministerium fuer Auswaertige Angelegenheiten. Deutsch-Sowjetische beziehungen von den verhandlungen in Brest-Litowsk bis zum abschluss des Rapallovertrages 
- Germany (East). Ministerium fuer Auswaertige Angelegenheiten. Dokumente zur aussenpolitik der Deutschen Demokratischen Republik bd. 17-33, 1969-1985
- British Diplomatic Oral History Programme (BDOHP)Transcripts of interviews of former diplomats or other officials, who played a significant role in events bearing on international relations. Includes James Cross, who was kidnapped by the F.L.Q. in 1970.
- Historical papers: documents from the archives (Gt. Brit. Foreign and Commonwealth Office)
- British and foreign state papers. Vol. 1 (1812/14) - v. 170 (1968)
- Great Britain. Foreign Office. British Documents on the origins of the war, 1898-1914.- v. 1. The end of British isolation --The Anglo-Japanese alliance and the Franco-British entente -- v. 3. The testing of the entente, 1904-6 -- v. 4. The Anglo-Russian rapprochement, 1903-7 -- v. 5. The Near East: The Macedonian problem and the annexation of Bosnia, 1903-9 -- v. 6. Anglo-German tension: armaments and negotiation, 1907-12 -- v. 7. The Agadir crisis -- v. 8. Arbitration, neutrality and security -- v. 9. pt. 1. The Balkan wars: The prelude. The Tripoli war -- v. 9. pt. 2. The Balkan wars: The League and Turkey -- v. 10. pt. 1. The Near and Middle East on the eve of war -- v. 10. pt. 2. The last years of peace -- v. 11. The outbreak of war.
- Great Britain. Foreign Office. British documents on foreign affairs: reports and papers from the Foreign Office Confidential Print.
- Series A: Russia, 1859-1914 6 v.
- Series A: The Soviet Union, 1917-1939 17 v.
- Series C: North America, 1919-1939 25 v.
- Series C: North America, 1940-1945 5 v.
- Series G: Africa, 1914-1939 30 v.
- Series H: The First World War, 1914-1918 12 v.
- Series I: The Paris Peace Conference of 1919 15 v.
- Series J: The League of Nations, 1918-1941 10 v.
- Great Britain. Foreign Office. Documents on British foreign policy, 1919-1939.
- First series. 1919-1925, v. 1-27
- Series 1A. 1925-1930 , v. 1-7
- Second series. 1929-1936, v. 1-21
- Third series, 1938-1939, v. 1-10
- Great Britain. Foreign and Commonwealth Office. Documents on British Policy Overseas. 1945-1970s. London: H.M.S.O., 1984-
- Series I,
- v. 1. Conference at Potsdam, July-August 1945 -- v. 2. Conferences and conversations 1945, London, Washington, and Moscow -- v. 3. Britain and America: negotiation of the United States loan, 3 August-7 December 1945 -- v. 4. Britain and America: atomic energy, bases, and food, 12 December 1945-31 July 1946 -- v. 5. Germany and Western Europe, 11 August-31 December, 1945 -- v. 6. Eastern Europe, August 1945 - April 1946
- Series II
- v. 1. The Schuman Plan, the Council of Europe, and Western European integration, May 1950-December 1952 -- v. 2. The London Conferences, Anglo-American relations and Cold War strategy, January-June 1950 -- v. 3. German rearmament, September-December 1950 -- v. 4. Korea, June 1950-April 1951
- Series III
- v. 1. Britain and the Soviet Union, 1968-72 -- , v. 2. The Conference on Security and Cooperation in Europe, 1972-75 -- , v. 3. Détente in Europe, 1972-76.
- Great Britain. Foreign Office. Great Britain and the European crisis: correspondence, and statements in Parliament, together with an introductory narrative of events
- Great Britain. Foreign Office. The Affairs of Arabia, 1905-1906 2 v.
- Great Britain. Foreign Office. The Affairs of Kuwait, 1896-1905 2 v.
- Great Britain. Legation (Holy See). Anglo-Vatican relations, 1914-1939
- Great Britain. Parliament. House of Commons. Collected diplomatic documents relating to the outbreak of the European War. [Command paper Cd. 7860]. 1.List of principal persons mentioned.--2.British diplomatic correspondence.--3.French yellow book.--4.Russian orange book.--5.Belgian grey book. Appendix regarding Anglo-Belgian relations.--6.Serbian blue book. Appendix containing Signor Giolitti's speech of 5th December, 1914.--7. German white book. Appendix containing Dr. von Bethmann-Hollweg's speech of 4th August, 1914.--8. Austro-Hungarian red book. part 1 ,part 2 and part 3 --9. Documents published subsequently--Index.
- Great Britain. Parliament. House of Commons. Documents concerning German-Polish relations and the outbreak of hostilities between Great Britain and Germany 3rd September, 1939 [Cmd. 6106 1938/39] The British war blue book.
The Dodecanese : the Long Road to Union with Greece : diplomatic documents from the Historical Archives of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Researched & edited by Lena Divani, Photini Constantopoulou ; introduced by Theodoros Pangalos, Emmanouil Roukounas. Athens : Kastaniotis Editions, 1997. 358 p., ill., maps. Text in English, French, and Italian. Includes bibliographical references and index.
Italy. Commissione per la pubblicazione dei documenti diplomatici. I documenti Diplomatici Italiani. Roma: Libreria dello Stato, 1952- Series 1 v. 1-4. v. 13; Series 2 v. 1-3, 21; Series 3 v. 1-4; Series 4 v. 12; Series 5 v. 1, v.4; Series 6 v. 1; Series 7 v. 1-9; Series 8 v. 12, v. 13; Series 9 v. 1-5
New Zealand. Dept. of Internal Affairs. Historical Publications Branch. Documents on New Zealand external relations:
v. 1 Australian-New Zealand Agreement 1944
v. 2 Surrender and occupation of Japan
v. 3 ANZUS Pact and the Treaty of Peace with Japan
Russia (Soviet Union)
Department of State
Foreign Relations of the United States
“The Foreign Relations of the United States series presents the official documentary historical record of major U.S. foreign policy decisions and significant diplomatic activity. The series, which is produced by the State Department's Office of the Historian, began in 1861 and now comprises more than 350 individual volumes. The volumes published over the last two decades increasingly contain declassified records from all the foreign affairs agencies.
"Foreign Relations volumes contain documents from Presidential libraries, Departments of State and Defense, National Security Council, Central Intelligence Agency, Agency for International Development, and other foreign affairs agencies as well as the private papers of individuals involved in formulating U.S. foreign policy. In general, the editors choose documentation that illuminates policy formulation and major aspects and repercussions of its execution. Volumes published over the past few years have expanded the scope of the series in two important ways: first by including documents from a wider range of government agencies, particularly those involved with intelligence activity and covert actions, and second by including transcripts prepared from Presidential tape recordings.”
Early volumes in the series are arranged by region or special topic within chronological periods and each volume has an index. Since 1952, volumes have been organized chronologically according to Presidential administration and then further divided by geography and topic. 25 volumes cover the Kennedy administration (1961-1963), 34 cover the Johnson administration (1964-1968), 54 cover the Nixon and Ford administrations (1969-1976) and 6 cover the Carter administration (1977-1980).
For a list of published volumes, consult Foreign Relations Volumes: 1861 to 1968.
Selected volumes of The Foreign Relations Series from the Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson and Nixon administrations are available on the web site of the Office of the Historian.
Selected volumes from1861-1960 are available from the University of Wisconsin-Madison web site
Carleton Library’s holdings: U.S. Dept. of State. Foreign Relations of the United States, 1861-1956 (microform); Papers relating to the Foreign Relations of the United States; Foreign Relations of the United States: diplomatic papers
Other primary sources:
The Department of State Bulletin was published from 1939 to 1989. This title was continued by: The US Department of State dispatch 1990-99.
The Library has incomplete holdings, for vols. 1-5, 1990-1994. Issues from 1990-1999 are available electronically.
Electronic research collection (U.S. Dept. of State and the University of Illinois at Chicago) is responsible for electronically archiving documents produced by the State Dept. from 1990-1997
U.S. Department of State Archive 1997-2001
U.S. Department of State Archive 2001-2009