The library's search tool, Summon, allows you to search for books, journal articles, media, and more with a single search. You can access Summon from the library's homepage. Also try the Advanced Search.
When searching Summon, consider the following:
Once you have your results:
- To see only BOOKS click on Book/eBook.
- To see only JOURNAL ARTICLES click on Journal Article and click on Scholarly & Peer-Review.
Narrow your search by scrolling down the record of a relevant title and clicking on the subject heading provided.
Suggested Subject Headings:
Search for handbooks by keyword - your topic and handbooks
Social media and handbooks
Marketing and handbooks
Encyclopedias & Dictionaries
- Blackwell Encyclopedia of Managment - A 13v. set covering all streams in business. Provides definitions, articles and short bibliographies. Volume 9 is on marketing.
- Dictionary of marketing communications
- Encyclopedia of consumer culture
- Encyclopedia of social networks
- Internet resources and services for international marketing and advertising : a global guide
- The international dictionary of marketing : over 2,000 professional terms & techniques
- Oxford Reference Online: Economics & Business
Journal Articles, Magazines & Trade Journals
- Business Source Complete - limit under Publication Type by academic journal, trade publication, etc.
- Canadian Business & Current Affairs Database - limit by Source Type to magazines, newspapers, etc.
- Factiva provides access to global newspapers, trade journals plus scholarly and non-scholarly journals. Full-text of the Globe and Mail and the Wall Street Journal are found here.
- Passport provides reports, commentaried and trends.
articles relevant to marketing can also be found in
- Bloomberg News
- Canadian Business & Current Affairs Provides full text to Canadian business journals and magazines.
- Canadian Newsstand Access to over 280 Canadian news sources
- Eureka Fulltext Canadian French and English newspapers from Alberta, the Atlantic provinces, Québec and aboriginal communities. Includes fulltext transcripts radio and television broadcats from CBC, CTV and SRC.
- Factiva (Globe and Mail and the Wall Street Journal live here)
- PressReader PDFs to more than 2300 newspapers from 97 countries in over 55 languages.
- Wire Report The leading news service covering Canada's rapidly converging telecom and media sectors.
The following titles are available online through the Library catalogue:
- Report on Business Magazine
- Canadian Business
- The Economist
- Financial Times (London)
- The Globe and Mail (includes the Report on Business Magazine)
- National Post Online (includes the Financial Post section and the Financial Post Magazine)
- Wall Street Journal