Mathematics & Statistics Databases
Reviews and citations for articles and books in mathematics. Items are classified using the Mathematics Subject Classification.
- Project Euclid
Journals, monographs, and conference proceedings in theoretical and applied mathematics and statistics
- SIAM Journals Online
Journals from the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics.
Reviews and citations for articles and books in pure and applied mathematics. Carleton does not have a subscription, but the first three results of every search are displayed for free. Uses the same Mathematics Subject Classification as MathSciNet.
Current Index to Statistics
A bibliographic index to publications in statistics, probability, and related fields.
These are large databases that provide access to citations for aticles and books in diverse areas, including mathematics and statistics content.
- Web of Science
- Google Scholar
An e-print server hosted by Cornell University, with significant content in mathematics and some in statistics. Note that some articles are submitted before being published in a peer-reviewed journal.
Theses and Dissertations
- Dissertations and Theses Global
Theses and dissertations from around the world, beginning in 1743.
Includes Carleton theses and dissertations, as well as other research deposited by faculty, staff, and students.
For more information on finding theses and dissertations worldwide, consult the Theses and Dissertations help guide.
Print mathematics books are located on the shelf in the call number range QA1-939.
General e-book Collections
- Springer eBooks
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science: A series on computer science, often with content relevant to mathematics, which includes proceedings from many conferences.
- eBook Central
- Google Books
Historical Math Book Collections
- Euclid's Elements: Contains the text of the 13 books of this classical treatise.
- Historical Math Monographs: Digitized pre-1918 texts.
- University of Michigan Historical Mathematics Collection: Digitized books published in the 19th or early 20th century.
Online Mathematics Reference
- The concise Oxford dictionary of mathematics
- CRC concise encyclopedia of mathematics
- Handbook of mathematical formulas and integrals
- Handbook of mathematical functions with formulas, graphs, and mathematical tables
- Wolfram MathWorld: Encyclopedia of equations, terms, and derivations.
- Math2.org: Searchable reference tables, covering general and advanced topics.
Online Statistics Reference
These books aren't available online at Carleton, but are still useful resources.
- The Cambridge dictionary of statistics
QA276.15 .E84 2002
- CRC standard mathematical tables and formulas
QA47 .M315 2018
- CRC standard probability and statistics tables and formulae
- CRC handbook of mathematical curves and surfaces
- Mathematical handbook of formulas and tables
QA41 .S73 2009
- BIRS Workshop Lecture Videos: A collection of recorded lectures on mathematics, statistics, and theoretical computer science from the Banff International Research Station.
- School of Mathematics Videos: A collection from the Institute for Advanced Study.
- MathOverflow: Question and answer website for professional mathematicians.
- Math Forum College Level Archive: Archive of Dr. Math's answers to college-level mathematics questions.
- Finite Mathematics & Applied Calculus Resource Page: Tutorials based on the texts "Finite Mathematics Applied to the Real World", "Calculus Applied to the Real World", and "Finite Mathematics and Calculus Applied to the Real World".
- Probability Tutorials: Online course on measure theory, lebesgue integration and probability. Exercises are designed to give students the necessary tools to prove problems themselves.
- Project Euler: A series of mathematical/computer programming problems - more of a challenge than a tutorial.