Welcome to the library subject guide for Photonics and Laser Technology Engineering at Carleton University. Scroll down to the Reference Materials section to find encyclopedias, dictionaries, and handbooks.
Get background information from handbooks, encyclopedias, dictionaries.
- High power laser handbook [electronic resource] / Hagop Injeyan, Gregory D. Goodno, editors.
Once your topic is narrowly defined, select databases to find specific articles that have been published in journals.
- ACM Digital Library
- Cambridge Journals Online
- Dissertations and Theses Global
- Oxford Reference (Online)
- ScienceDirect Journals
- SPIE Digital Library Database
- SpringerLink Journals
- Taylor & Francis Journals Online
- Wiley Online Journals
- Applied optics.
- Applied Physics B Lasers and Optics [electronic resource].
- European Physical Journal D - Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics [electronic resource].
- Fiber and integrated optics [electronic resource].
- Journal of biomedical optics.
- Journal of lightwave technology : a joint IEEE/OSA publication.
- Journal of modern optics.
- Journal of the Optical Society of America. A, Optics, image science, and vision [electronic resource].
- Journal of the Optical Society of America. B, Optical physics.
- Microwave and Optical Technology Letters [electronic resource].
- Nature photonics [electronic resource].
- Optical and Quantum Electronics [electronic resource].
- Optical engineering.
- Optics and photonics news.
- Optics Communications [electronic resource].
- Optics express [electronic resource].
- Optics letters online [electronic resource] / Optical Society of America.
Find books on your topic to gain greater depth and understanding.
Books and Serials on Laser Technology are shelved at these locations in the Library of Congress system:
- Lasers QC680-688 New titles
- Lasers QD701-731 New titles
- Applied Optics, Photonics TA1501-TA1820 New titles
We welcome your suggestions for books or other library materials you need for your study or research at Carleton.
Suggested Subject Headings:
- Fiber Optics
- Image Processing
- Thin Films
Fulltext eBook Collections:
- Publication Cycle (Engineering & Science)
- Begin by defining exactly what you are searching for
- Select the keywords/synonyms in your topic
- Be specific when determining keywords/synonyms and terms to search
- Use the advanced interface of electronic databases and Internet search engines to help narrow your search
- Limit results in electronic databases to full-text or peer reviewed journals only
- Use Boolean Operators to connect search terms (Click for a brief explanation of Boolean Operators)
- Take notes during your research to keep track of where you have been, keywords searched, what worked and what didn't, etc.
- Google search secrets [electronic resource] / Christa Burns and Michael P. Sauers.
More Writing & Citing Resources:
Write down or store all the references you have consulted to include them in your bibliography of your research paper (e.g., Mendeley)
- Advice on Research and Writing
- IEEE Citation Style Guide
- Citing Electronic Resources
- Writing Services Get one-on-one help with the entire writing process.
- Writing Guidelines for Engineering and Science Students
- The Oxford guide to library research [electronic resource] / Thomas Mann.
- Annual Reviews Online Authoritative, analytic reviews in 34 focused disciplines within the Biomedical, Life, Physical, and Social Sciences. They synthesize the vast amount of primary research literature and identify the principal contributions in each field.