Welcome to the subject guide for Political Management at Carleton University Library.
- Routledge handbook of political management
- Oxford handbook of political behavior
- Bilingual vocabulary for governance, public policy & administration
Encyclopedias & Dictionaries
- International Encyclopedia of Communication Online
- International Encyclopedia of the Social and Behavioral Sciences
- The Language of Canadian Politics
- Oxford Reference Online
- Routledge Encyclopedia of International Relations and Global Politics including Encyclopedia of Democratic Thought
- The Almanac of Canadian politics
- The Almanac of American politics : the senators, the representatives - their records, states and districts
- The Oxford handbook of Canadian politics
- International dictionary of public management and governance
- Bourinot's rules of order
- Beauchesne's Rules & forms of the House of Commons of Canada, with annotations, comments and precedents
- Canada's Prime Ministers, Governors General and Fathers of Confederation
- Canadian Parliamentary Guide
- Canadian Who's Who
- Dictionary of Canadian Biography
Research & Writing Guides
- American Political Science Association Style Manual For Political Science Students
- Writing public policy : a practical guide to communicating in the policy making process JF1525.C59 S64 2010
- Memoranda to Cabinet and Drafter’s Guide
- Guide to Preparing Treasury Board Submissions
- How to Create Superior Briefings (Canadian Centre for Management Development)
- Writing for Government – includes How to Write a Briefing Note and How to Write a Policy Recommendation
- Thomson-Nelson Guide to Research and Writing in Political Science JA86 .C43 2006
- Politics on the Internet: A Student Guide JA86.B83 2005 (online)
- Information skills: finding and using the right resources ZA3075 .G75 2010
- Student guide to research in the digital age : how to locate and evaluate information sources ZA3075.S74 2006
- Your research project: how to manage it (online)
Citing Print and Electronic Resources
- Citing Sources From Duke University. This guide provides examples of citations in APA, Chicago, MLA, and Turabian styles for both print and electronic resources.
- Canadian Government: Federal
- Canadian Government Policy Cycle
- Public Finance: Budgets, Expenditures, Monetary Policy and Audits
- A Guide to the Estimates
- Legislative Process
- Current Issues Policy Background Papers
The Canadian Population
- Census 2011
- Community Information Database
- Canadian Index of Well-Being
- Indicators of Well-Being in Canada
- WealthScapes 2012 (Environics Analytics)
Audio and Video Clips
Key News Databases
For more resources please check News guide
Policy Reports, Working Papers, Think Tanks, etc.
- Canadian Public Documents Collection of publications from Canadian public policy institutes, government agencies, advocacy groups, think-tanks, university research centres and other public interest groups.
- Conference Board of Canada e-Library Covers broad areas of economic trends, forecasting, organizational performance and public policy issues.
- NBER (National Bureau of Economics Research) Working Papers)
- Policy.ca Non-partisan resource for public discussion of issues in Canadian public policy.
- Policy File Index (U.S. Policy) Provides access to U.S. foreign and domestic policy papers and gray literature.
- Brookings Institute
- Social Research and Demonstration Corporation National leader in social research and experimentation, design to help policy-makers identify and implement policies and programs that improve the well-being of Canadians
- Think Tank Search from Harvard Kennedy School
A more comprehensive listing of Think Tanks
Communication and Mass Media Complete
Academic literature for studies in communication, mass media, discourse & rhetoric, organizational communication, and more
Canadian Business & Current Affairs Database
Focused on current events, business, sciences, and the arts (includes academic content)
Contains citations to Canadian English and French language journals
Columbia International Affairs Online
Provides fulltext access to working papers, policy briefs, economic indicators, conference proceedings, books and journal abstracts.
Worldwide Political Science Abstracts
Provides citations and abstracts to articles within the political science discipline.
Provides citations and abstracts to articles and other documents in the area of public affairs and policy.
International Political Science Abstracts
Indexing and abstracts of the leading journals in political science.
Emerald Management eJournals
Over 100 journals in the areas of general management, human resources, marketing, information management, operations/production, property, training education, and engineering.
Sage Public Administration Abstracts
Index to journals and magazines covering areas related to public administration and research.
Use keywords to find books, government and other documents as well as films in the library’s collection.
For all relevant titles, click on the subject headings to continue your search.
Suggested Subject Headings
Political consultants -- United States.
Political campaigns -- Canada.
Politics, Practical -- Canada.
Elections -- Ontario -- Toronto.
Canada -- Politics and government -- 21st century.
Canada -- Politics and government – Textbooks
Political parties -- Canada