Registered Carleton University students and Carleton staff and faculty are eligible to download ArcGIS Pro and access it from any computer that has it installed as part of Carleton's organizational account.
System Requirements: Prior to downloading and installing a copy of the software on your personal computer you should ensure that your computer meets the necessary minimum requirements for ArcGIS Pro 3.0.
Note: ArcGIS Pro only runs on the Windows Operating System. Mac users will need to run Windows either through Bootcamp or within a virtual environment (such as VirtualBox or VMWare Fusion).
If you are registered for any Geomatics or graduate GIS courses, wait until after your first class before contacting us as you may receive instructions.
Named User License for ArcGIS Pro
(for all undergraduate students, staff and faculty that do not require offline access)
- Sign and submit the ArcGIS Pro Student License agreement (log in with your MyCarletonOne (MC1) Username and Password).
- Some folks have been receiving an error at this step: a blank page with the words "invalid response." Anyone getting this error should clear their browser history and/or try a different browser. If that doesn't work, please submit a ticket with Carleton ITS and then email us at email@example.com to figure out a work-around.
- Go to GIS Services at Carleton University Library and click on the blue Carleton University button. Sign in to the Carleton University Library organization using your My Carleton One credentials. This creates your Carleton University Library ArcGIS Online account. An ArcGIS Pro license is automatically assigned to your account.
- **If you don't see the Carleton University button and see the screen below instead, click Your ArcGIS organization's URL, type Carleton-U in the text box, then Continue.
- Download and install the latest version (currently v.3.0) of ArcGIS Pro software onto your personal computer. The image of the folder structure below, highlights the necessary installations circled in red. Data Interoperability is highlighted with a grey circle. The Data Interoperability extension for ArcGIS Desktop is a separate extension and is a separate install. Authorizing the ArcGIS Data Interoperability extension for Desktop with a valid license in ArcGIS Pro adds additional out-of-the-box support for creating ETL tools using the FME Workbench application.
- Launch ArcGIS Pro to login with your MC1 credentials: firstnamelastname & password
- When signing in to ArcGIS Pro, ensure that you are signing in using Carleton's Organization login and your MC1 credentials. Your license should be configured to the default type Named User. It helps, for future logins, to keep the "Sign me in automatically" and the "Remember this URL" boxes checked:
If you require ArcGIS Pro for remote field work/offline use, please sign our License Agreement. A single use advanced provisioning file, and license configuration, will permit offline use of ArcGIS Pro.
Please download the most stable release of ArcGIS Pro (3.0), provisioning file (included in the zipped folder) electronic sign site.
- ArcGIS Pro is a Windows-based product.
- You can only request ONE software license annually.
- Software licenses will need to be annually renewed.
- The single-use license can only be authorized on one computer.
- Installing and authorizing ArcGIS Pro is a process that may take a few hours to complete.