Borrowing privileges (including checking out, renewing, and placing holds) will be blocked under any one of the following circumstances:
- A student, faculty or staff member owes over $20.00.
- 1 overdue recalled item.
- An external borrower has any unpaid fines or replacement charges outstanding.
- A patron is delinquent in the return of Interlibrary Loan materials.
Library Services Desk staff make every attempt to be fair. Overdue fines or replacement charges may be appealed, in writing, to progressively higher levels:
- Appeal Stage 1: Head of Access Services via the Fine Appeal Form
- Appeal Stage 2: University Librarian
- Appeal Stage 3: Senate Library Committee
The decision of the Senate Library Committee is final.