Holds and Requests
Placing a Hold for Physical Materials
How do I place a hold on an item from the Library?
- Requests can be made for materials in Omni. Once processed, materials can be obtained through the Curbside Pickup or Mail Delivery service.
How long will I be able to check out the item I am requesting?
- The length of the loan depends on the type of Library account you have.
How long are curbside requests kept for pickup?
- Curbside Requests are kept for 10 days, after which the request will be cancelled and items will be re-shelved.
- Check your Carleton email account and/or Library account to verify the status of any requests .
How do I place a request in Omni for titles in our partner libraries?
- Holds are placed in the same way as material is requested from Carleton's collection.
- For items held at Omni libraries, notifications will be sent to your Carleton email address from the item owning institution.
- Note: Only faculty, staff and students can request material directly from Omni partner libraries.
What if a copy is not currently available?
- If our copy is currently out on loan and there no available copies at our partner OMNI libraries, a request can be submitted in RACER.
Placing a Digitization Request
Faculty, staff, students and alumni are currently eligible to use this service.
How do I request a scan of a chapter, article or small selection (less than 10%) from our collection?
- Carleton faculty, staff and students: Please submit your request in Omni. For more information please visit our Scan on Demand service page.
Can I request digitized chapters or articles from other collections?
- Yes! Choose "Add results beyond Carleton's collection" in Omni after you enter your search and select an item to request a scan.
How will I receive the scan?
- Once processed, a link with the document will be sent to your Carleton email address.