Carleton Research Data Centre, Branch Office
The Carleton RDC is open at this time. To ensure the health and safety of everyone, please follow the new measures in place:
- Do not show up in the RDC if you are sick or have symptoms.
- Complete the COVID-19 screening form.
- Face masks are mandatory.
- Do not show up in the RDC if you didn’t book a workstation.
- All workstations are not operational to observe physical distancing. Only 2 workstations are operational at this time.
Please join us for an upcoming free webinar:
- Title: Introduction to the RDC
- Speakers: Jane Fry (Carleton University), Chantal Ripp (University of Ottawa)
- Date: Tuesday October 5, 2021
- Time: 1:00pm-2:00pm ET
- Description: Unlock the power of confidential microdata to drive your research forward to conduct unprecedented analysis. Using the data in the Research Data Centre (RDC) will enrich your research and enable you to have more detailed publications.
This presentation will introduce you to your RDC at both Carleton and Ottawa U and how to use it. Then we will give you a tour of the collection, as well as other helpful tips. Researchers, including grad students, are the intended audience for this webinar.
This webinar will be presented in English and will be recorded. Engagement during the webinar in both official languages is welcomed.
Links to previous presentation slides can also be found on the Research Data Centres (RDC): Training and outreach page.
Please contact Jane Fry (JaneFry@CUNET.CARLETON.CA) for more information.
Welcome to the RDC!
The Carleton Research Data Centre Branch Office opened in Fall 2020 in the MacOdrum Library. It is part of the Canadian Research Data Centre Network (CRDCN). "Research Data Centres offer a secure access to detailed microdata from Statistics Canada's surveys, and to Canadian censuses' data, as well as to an increasing number of administrative data sets."
- Click here to see a complete list of all the available datasets. To apply for access, go to the Microdata Access Portal.
Location: ML121, MacOdrum Library
Open days: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
Open hours: 9.00am to 5.00pm
- There are currently 2 workstations available for use.
- If both of these workstations are already booked, you can book a workstation at the University of Ottawa - if it is available.
- All COVID-19 protocols are being observed.
For more information:
- Contact the RDC analyst at firstname.lastname@example.org
- to book a time
- for other general inquiries
Twitter handle: @CarletonRDC
- Carleton Research Data Centre, Branch Office (.pdf)
- Postal Code Conversion File Plus (PCCF+): How it works, when to use it, and how to use it.
Ottawa-Outaouais Research Data Centre (ORDC)
- There is a bilingual Research Data Centre located in the Morisset Library at the University of Ottawa.
- Check out their Guide here.