Carleton University Library is offering curbside pick-up and mail delivery while access to the library collections are limited. This service is guided by public health recommendations. Material that is digitally available from HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service (HT ETAS) is not eligible for this service.
Submit the form Curbside Pick-up / Mail Delivery Request
- Current faculty, staff, current students and alumni are eligible for this service. Community borrowers are not eligible while we focus on the needs of Carleton University faculty and students.
- Curbside pick-up is available Monday - Friday, 9:00AM-12:00PM & 1:00PM-4:00PM. We are not open on weekends.
- Curbside requests expire after 10 days if they are not picked up.
- Mail delivery is available for those not in Ottawa requiring access to course materials.
- 10 items may be picked up at one time, 1 pick-up per day allowed.
- Not eligible for curbside pick-up:
- As an extra precaution when you bring materials home, we recommend that items are set aside for 24-48 hours.
How to submit a request:
Fill out the form: Curbside Pick-up / Mail Delivery Request
For Curbside Pick-up:
- You will receive an email for each requested item when it is ready for pick-up.
- Proceed to the Library Receiving Doors on Library Road (the small parking lot between the library and Dunton Tower) between Monday - Friday, 9:00AM-12:00PM & 1:00PM-4:00PM. We are not open on weekends.
- Location of Library Receiving Door on Library Road:
- Call (343) 996-9167 when you arrive. There are designated parking spots available for 15 minutes. Inform us if you require accommodations picking up your materials please or select mail delivery.
- Our staff will bring your items outside and return inside. Exit your car to retrieve your materials. Verify the items are the items you requested.
- If you have any questions about the material please call (343) 996-9167. Staff have been instructed to not answer questions face to face. Non-compliance with our contactless procedures could result in the loss of privileges.
- Return materials to one of the return bins on Library Road or in the Library foyer. Returned materials will be quarantined for 7 days before being checked in. There are no overdue charges at this time.
For Mail Delivery:
- An email will be sent to your Carleton email to verify your mailing address and the best phone number to contact you.
- Materials will be prepared to be mailed to your address and checked out to your library account. We cannot estimate delivery dates or times. Costs of shipping are paid for by the library.
- A return label will be included. Please do not lose the return label as an additional one will not be provided.
If you require assistance with your request, email email@example.com.