Curbside Pick-up and Mail Delivery of Print Collection
Carleton University Library is now offering curbside pick-up and mail delivery for our print collection while the library facility is closed. This service is guided by public health recommendations and the province's essential services order. Eligible items in the first phase are those that are in our collection and not available from HathiTrust Temporary Access Service (HTAS) and online (eBook).
The Library building remains closed at this time.
- Only current faculty, staff and students are eligible for this service at this time. Alumni and community borrowers are not eligible during this phase while we focus on the teaching and research needs of Carleton University faculty and students.
- Contactless pick up times will be available during the 9:00 am - 12:00pm and 1:00pm-4:00pm Monday to Friday.
- A limit of 10 items may be picked up at one time, 1 pick up per day allowed.
- Material will be loaned for 120 days.
- Not eligible for curbside pick-up at this time: material available in HathiTrust Temporary Access Service or online, material from Archives and Special Collections, maps, print serials, items from the reserves collection and other special loan material.
- Library staff are wearing gloves and masks when handling library materials. As an extra precaution when you bring materials home, we recommend that items are set aside for 24-48 hours.
- Submit the "Request to Access Print Collection" form.
For Curbside Pick-up:
- When you receive an email that your request is ready for pick-up, proceed to the Library Receiving Door on Library Road (the small parking lot between the library and Dunton Tower) between 9:00 am - 12:00pm and 1:00pm-4:00pm.
- Location of Library Receiving Door on Library Road:
- Upon arrival, stay in your car and call (343) 996-9167. There are two designated parking spots available for curbside pick-up for 15 minutes on Library Road.
- If you are walking or on a bike, call from the sidewalk.
- One of our staff will push your request on a book cart outside the door and will go back inside the library. At this point, exit your car to retrieve your materials. There will be a request/hold slip inside the book with your last name on the top. Please verify the items are the ones you requested. If you have any questions about the material please call (343) 996-9167. Staff are instructed to not answer questions face to face or allow visitors into the library. Non compliance with our contactless procedures could result in the loss of privileges.
- When you are finished with the material, please return it to one of the three return slots, these are located on Library Road, the library tunnel entrance, and outside the main door of the library. Returned materials will be quarantined for 24-48 hours before being checked in, during this time the material will remain on your library account, however no overdue charges while the Library building is closed will be accrued.
For Mail Delivery:
- Once the items have been verified and retrieved, an email will be sent to your Carleton email to verify your mailing address and the best phone number to contact you.
- Materials will be prepared to be mailed to your address included on the form.
- A return label will be included in the box. Please keep the return label for returning items as an additional one will not be sent.
If you require assistance with your request, email firstname.lastname@example.org. For faster service, please include your Banner ID/student number.