The MacOdrum Library holds an Education Site License for a range of Esri Products. Through this license faculty, staff and students qualify for unlimited access for e-Learning resources on the Esri Training website.
These e-Learning resources are authored by third parties-academic and industry specialists, they teach users about a variety of topics related to geographic information systems (GIS), and provide hands-on training for the Esri GIS software.
Setting up access for the individual:
- Email email@example.com from your StudentName@cmail.carleton.ca or StudentName@carleton.ca email account requesting permission to access the Esri Training Portal.
- You will receive an email with an invitation to connect to Carleton University. This invitation will expire so please sign up as soon as possible.
- Click on "Connect to my organization" to log in to your my.esri.com account. (If you have requested a copy of ArcGIS Desktop or used the Esri Virtual Campus in the past then you would already have created an Esri Account).
- If you do not have an Esri Account then you will have to create an account. Ideally, you should use your StudentName@cmail.carleton.ca email address to set up your account. (Note: Access to e-Learning resources is managed through your my.esri.com account.)
- Log out of your my.esri.com account and go to the Esri Training Website and log in to activate your access.
- Navigate the catalogue to find training that suits your needs. Students can only access the non-instructor-led -Learning courses from the Training catalog i.e. only course marked FREE or with an unlocked icon are available for training.
Setting up access for a class (For Instructors):
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your Faculty, Department, Course Number and attach a .csv, .xls or xlsx file with a list of all students in the course. The format of the list should be LastName, FirstName, Student# and @cmail.carleton address.