We are now accepting applications for the 2018/19 academic year. You will receive an email by the end of the first week of class if you have received a space. Note that you can use any desk in study rooms 509-511 without a key.
There are four types of graduate study space:
- Large carrels
- Large carrels are desks assigned to an individual graduate student. Other students may use the carrel when it is not occupied by the designated student but they must vacate the space when asked. Students will be assigned either a desk or a carrel but not both.
- Desks in locked shared study rooms
- Students are given a key that will open graduate study rooms 504-508 and may use any vacant desk in any room. Since all rooms are open to anyone with a key, items should not be left unattended.
- Desks in open shared study rooms
- Graduate students may use any vacant desk in graduate study rooms 509-511. No key is required.
- Students may request both a locker and a desk or a locker and a carrel. Graduate lockers are located near the entrance to graduate study spaces. The lockers are intended for research material and notes. Food, drink, and footwear may not be stored in the lockers. Any library materials stored in the lockers must be signed out to the account of the locker owner.
Graduate study spaces are available by application starting in August on a first come, first served basis. Assignments expire on April 30. All materials left in lockers will be removed on May 1 and placed in lost and found.
Students may apply for the use of a space using the Graduate Study Space Application Form. The student must acknowledge and agree to the Regulations for Use. Students who violate these regulations will lose graduate study space privileges. Random inspections are performed by Library staff.
There is no direct cost for the use of a locker or study room, however students who do not return their keys and locks by the due date will have a $50.00 key replacement fee applied to their library account. There is a $50.00 replacement fee for lost keys or locks.