Why was my request cancelled?
Likely because the material is in our collection. Please check both the catalogue and the journal databases before submitting a request via OMNI.
- We will contact you with an explanation for cancelled requests.
- We cancel duplicate requests without notification.
- Although we do our best to fill your requests, some items simply cannot be found or cannot be borrowed.
Can I request books from Carleton’s collection that are currently checked out or on course reserve?
- Yes, you may make a request on a title that is currently checked out. We will try and fulfill your request from a partner library.
- You may attempt to request a copy of something on Reserves. But if it is on Reserve at our library, it may be hard to obtain elsewhere, too.
How can I cancel my request?
- You can cancel a request by logging into your Library Account
Can I request material from the University of Ottawa?
- Yes, but you can also go to the University of Ottawa to borrow the material directly if you wish.
How do I inquire about the status of a request?
- Check the status of your request online from your Library Account.
- Email us at Library.Services@carleton.ca.
What are the restrictions on interlibrary loan material?
- The interlibrary loans service is bound by Canadian copyright law.
- Other restrictions include policies set by the lending library.
- Other restrictions include policies set by the lending library (“for library use only” or “no photocopying allowed”).
- You may need to use the item in the Archives and Research Collections consultation room.
- Books may be recalled by the lending library at any time.
- Due dates and renewal options are set by the lending library.