Why was my request cancelled?
Likely because the material is in our collection. Please check both the catalogue and the journal databases before submitting a request via RACER.
- We will contact you with an explanation for cancelled requests.
- We cancel duplicate requests without notification.
- Although we do our best to fill your requests, some items simply cannot be found or cannot be borrowed.
Can I request books from Carleton’s collection that are currently checked out or on course reserve?
- Not unless the material's status in the catalogue is LOST. You must place a Hold on any item you need that is checked out, including material on short-term loan for course reserves. Ask at Reserves Services; depending on the time of year and the type of material, you may be allowed to borrow it for a longer loan period.
How can I cancel my request?
- Use the “My Requests” link in RACER or contact the Interlibrary Loans staff. Please cancel unneeded requests as soon as possible.
Can I request material from the University of Ottawa?
- Yes, but it may be faster to go to the University of Ottawa to borrow the material directly. When you borrow directly, you can renew online. You may return University of Ottawa books at our Library Services Desk.
How do I inquire about the status of a request?
- Check the status of your request online from your RACER account. Under “My Account” select “My Requests” to see the status of individual requests.
- Email us at email@example.com or contact Interlibrary Loans at 613-520-2732; please include or have available the RACER request number for the request you are inquiring about.
What are the restrictions on interlibrary loan material?
- The interlibrary loans service is bound by Canadian copyright law.
- Other restrictions include policies set by the lending library (“for library use only” or “no photocopying allowed”). You may need to use the item in the Archives and Research Collections consultation room.
- Books may be recalled by the lending library at any time.
- Due dates and renewal options are set by the lending library.