- You need to Login to your Library Account to place a borrowing request.
- Most requests in OMNI come with an offer, specifying the estimated shipping time.
- Your initial OMNI search will show Carleton holdings and holdings from our 18 Ontario OMNI partner libraries
- Click on the 'Search Beyond Carleton + OMNI Libraries' to increase who you can request books and articles from.
- Click on the 'Make a Special Request for an Item not Found' link to submit a request to borrow an item using a blank request form. You may find using WorldCat useful in helping fill out the requested citation information.
- Submit only one request per item. Duplicate requests for the same item will be cancelled without notification.
*** You may also find this helpful video useful for learning how to request material in OMNI:
Limits on Borrowing Material
Occasionally, you might request an item from another library that cannot be borrowed. Reserves material, entire journal issues, newspapers, reference material, games, textbooks, standards, and recreational reading/music/movies cannot normally be requested from other libraries.
Arrival of Material
- You will receive electronic copies of articles and chapters by email.
- For print books, users will pick up the item at the location specified in the request.
- Mail delivery can be arranged by adding your address to the notes field of the request.
- You are responsible for monitoring the status of your requests via your library account and notifying email@example.com of any concerns.