- Due to libraries operating with limited capacity at this time, users may see longer than normal turnaround times before receiving materials.
- Place your request with adequate time to meet your deadlines. Requests cannot be handled on a last-minute basis.
- It is normally free for you to get research material supplied by another Canadian library.
- The Library subsidizes requests up to $25.00. Faculty, students, and staff are entitled to 100 free copies per calendar year, provided the cost does not exceed $25.00.
- If charges exceed the subsidy, Interlibrary Loans staff will contact you before the material is ordered to confirm that you still want it and are prepared to pay the difference.
- Some Canadian libraries and most American libraries charge additional fees for loans; we will contact you about any additional charges.
Arrival of Material
- You will receive electronic copies by email.
- For print items, once the materials are delivered to Carleton, users will have the option of picking up the material through our curbside service or having the items mailed to them.
- You are responsible for monitoring the status of your requests via RACER and notifying the Interlibrary Loan staff of any changes to your request.