The library has at its disposal a large format scanner that allows for scanning of maps in our collection up to 44" wide. The following is the service policy for use of the large format scanner.
- Access to the large format scanner will be offered to currently enrolled Carleton University students, faculty and staff.
- All materials to be scanned must be from the Carleton Library collection, or have a demonstrated research, instructional or non-commercial purpose.
- All materials to be scanned must be evaluated as to the condition and suitability so as not to damage the item or the scanner.
- Scanning will be done by library staff within 48 hours. Scanning requests received on Friday will be scanned on Monday.
- Files will be stored on our proxy server and an email with a direct link will be sent to the student once the scanning is complete. Students will be able to directly download the files once they’ve signed the GIS data licence agreement.
- Scanned maps will be catalogued within 3 weeks of scanning
Fill out our webform to have a map scanned.