If you are a first-time user, please book a consultation:
Consultations will take place by email, phone, or video chat (using Microsoft Teams).
The New Sun Joy Maclaren Adaptive Technology centre is located in room 239 on the second floor of MacOdrum Library. The space provides students with disabilities access to private study rooms that are equipped with adaptable workstations and specialized software.
This space is only available for students with a current referral from the Paul Menton Centre.
We provide ten workstations with specialized hardware and software, including:
- Large screen monitors
- Adjustable-height computer tables
- Voice recognition softwares
- Screen magnification softwares
- Screen reading softwares
See a complete description of the assistive hardware and software available on each workstation. Note that all workstations also have the standard CCS student lab image.
Book a Workstation
This service is available for students with current referral from the Paul Menton Centre. Pre-book an appointment on one of our 10 workstations.
- Room bookings are for 2 hours. A maximum of 4 hours can be booked per room, per day.
- Appointments can be made 1 week in advance
What can I expect upon arriving at the Library and JMC?
- Enter the library at the ground level entrance. Tunnel access is available through the elevator.
- You will be asked to complete the cuScreen check-in procedures and are required to wear a mask at all times in the building.
- Proceed to the JMC and check in with our student attendant prior to using the workstation. Provide your appointment time and preferred room.
- Cleaning supplies are available for patron use.
- Wearing a mask is mandatory within the JMC and study rooms at all times to comply with Carleton's Covid-19 Mask Policy (pdf).
- Please familiarize yourself with the New Sun Joy Maclaren Adaptive Technology Centre Guidelines for information about our space and its regulations.
Instruction is available on all adaptive devices and software by appointment by emailing us.
Please email LibraryAccessibility.Services@carleton.ca for more information about this space or to book an appointment.