Librarians and subject specialists offer several options to help integrate the use of library services, resources as well as information literacy instruction into undergraduate and graduate courses. Here are some details about what we teach, how we teach and some general guidelines on integrating library-related content into your classes.
What We Teach
- Search and research skills
- Topic mapping
- Identify appropriate sources
- Citation support and management
- Literature reviews
- Research methods
- GIS workshops and data literacy
- Map instruction
- Primary source and archival research
- Experiential Learning Opportunities
- Book arts
How We Teach
We will work with you to design library-related sessions to align with your learning outcomes and course delivery method(s). We are able to design customized sessions that vary in length and format and can include:
- A library session ranging from 30 minutes to 3 hours (In person or online synchronous*)
- Multiple library sessions ranging from 30 minutes to 90 minutes per session (In person or online synchronous*)
- Customized video tutorials
- Customized course guide
- Embedded Brightspace modules
*In-person or online instruction is currently at the discretion of the librarian/subject specialist.
What We Need From You
We suggest that faculty and instructors book an individual consultation with their librarian or subject specialist to discuss the development of sessions that are appropriate for individual courses.
What do we need to get started before instruction?
- Preferred date and time of session; please allow a minimum of 2 weeks for preparation time (some library instruction/workshop may require more preparation time)
- Syllabi and/or assignments
- Learning outcomes; i.e. what you want your students to get out of the session
Librarians and subject specialists create and maintain a selection of Guides. These guides offer many great starting points for academic research and helpful 'how to' instructions on a variety of topics. They can also be linked into Brightspace at your request.