Information for Faculty for Course Reserve Materials for Remainder of Winter Term
Library staff are ready to assist faculty and instructors to ensure reading material is available for students and adherence to copyright and fair dealing guidelines.
How can we help?
1. To add new titles:
- Submit your updated list to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the course number and reading dates for materials. Note any materials that are needed as a priority for assessment.
- For videos that you require students to watch remotely, submit a request as soon as possible once you have decided on a title. We will seek digital rights. Ideally, if you have one or two options, send this as well as we can explore permissions and notify you as soon as we have confirmation.
- If you have already posted reading materials to cuLearn, consider adding the reserves staff member you are working with access to your course to help move reading materials to Ares.
2. For print titles and otehr materials that are on physical reserve:
Materials that are on physical reserve that student require access to, either now remotely or for those that will still come in to the library, there are several options:
- Providing the library and university stays open: Faculty, staff and students can request materials for loan through an email request to email@example.com. Material will be checked out, the patron will be notified it is ready and will be able to self-pick up from a location in the library.
- If a Faculty, staff or student requires a chapter from a physical book, staff will digitize the chapter and make it available without having to come to the library for access.
- For books that are highly popular or requests for multiple chapters, a rush order will be placed to purchase an e-book.
Questions? Email Library_Reserves@carleton.ca