The library has at its disposal a large format scanner that allows for scanning of maps in our collection up to 44" wide. The following is the service policy for use of the large format scanner.
- Access to the large format scanner will be offered to currently enrolled Carleton University students, faculty and staff.
- All materials to be scanned must be from the Carleton Library collection, or have a demonstrated research, instructional or non-commercial purpose.
- All materials to be scanned must be evaluated as to the condition and suitability so as not to damage the item or the scanner.
- Scanning will be done by library staff within 48 hours. Scanning requests received on Friday will be scanned on Monday.
- Files will be stored on our proxy server and an email with a direct link will be sent to the student once the scanning is complete. Students will be able to directly download the files once they’ve signed the GIS data licence agreement.
Fill out our webform to have a map scanned.