NVivo is a software package that helps with qualitative data analysis. Keep track of all data associated with your project, code your data, create models to help organize your research, run queries on your coded data, create charts and reports for sharing with others...
See what's new in latest Windows version:
[or see what's new in latest Mac version]
COVID-19 UPDATE :
- We are available for online consultations (individuals or groups) via e-mail, Zoom, Big Blue Button, etc.
- Our services are for CU faculty, students and staff only.
- Our Fall 2020 Workshop schedule is now posted
- QSR NVivo has gathered a number of resources to help you move your qualitative research online during the COVID-19 pandemic in their Remote Research Center
GET THE SOFTWARE & LICENSE KEY:
- We now have the license key for the NEW version of NVivo released in Spring 2020
- To get the license key connect to this ITS page and then follow their link to the license form.
- License key is free to CU students, faculty, and staff and is good for both Mac and Windows versions
- Download the software [you'll need to set up a myNVivo Portal account to do this]
IMPORTANT: after downloading the software and installing it, when it asks you to "Activate NVivo", you need to use the "enterprise key" link (smaller font, below the myNVivo link) to enter our license key
- Projects created using older versions of NVivo can be opened in the new version, see details
- Any questions related to the license for NVivo itself (as opposed to how to use the software) should be directed to Carleton's ITS Service Desk
- NVivo Academy: includes links for on demand free webinars, paid online workshops
- NVivo by QSR YouTube channel
- QSR's official NVivo help pages:
- You can submit questions to QSR NVivo tech support. They are usually quite prompt in answering
- Like the QSR- NVivo Facebook page
- Folllow the QSR Nvivo blog
- Join the Linked In NVivo user group
- Looking for more resources to help with coding in general? See our Coding for Qualitative Research Subject Guide
- Don't want to do your own manual transcribing? See our Qualitative Research - Transcription Help Subject Guide