NVivo is a software package that helps with qualitative data analysis. Keep track of all data associated with your project, code your data, create models to help organize your research, run queries on your coded data, create charts and reports for sharing with others...
|NOTE: We are not offering any *scheduled* workshops in the Spring/Summer terms, but we are available for consultation!|
- Carleton's license is for NVivo 12 and covers both the Mac and Windows version.
- The 2 versions do not offer exactly the same features.
Introduction to NVivo video:
- The license is now FREE for ALL CU students faculty & staff.
- Download NVivo 12
- To get the license key connect to this ITS page and then follow their link to the license form.
- You can also choose to use NVivo without a license for 14 days: just choose the trial option when you open NVivo. You can add the license key once you get it
- Also available on the terminal server in all CCS student computer labs. (Look under Start, Programs, Other Applications, Terminal Server ( login with same account info) then All Programs, NVivo
We offer some scheduled workshops as well as on-demand NVivo workshops to individual, small groups, and classes for Carleton University students, faculty or staff. Contact email@example.com to make arrangements. Topics covered can include:
- Overview of features
- How to import your data
- How to create nodes
- How to code your data
- Building and running queries
- Building models and charts
- Exporting projects items
NVivo also hosts a number of free online brown-bag webinars, paid online workshops, and sometimes does 2-day face-to-face workshops. See their training and events information for details
- Getting Started with NVivo & Qualitative Research: one page handout with lots of resources
- Online tutorials: choose your version of NVivo from the pull down menu
- "How to" Videos
- Getting Started Resources from NVivo
- On Reserve in the Library (5 day loan)
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can submit questions to QSR NVivo tech support. They are usually quite prompt in answering
- Keep up to date with the following resources: