NVivo is a software package that helps with qualitative data analysis. Keep track of all data associated with your project, code your data, create models to help organize your research, run queries on your coded data, create charts and reports for sharing with others...
We are now offering an NVivo Transcription service.
"NVivo Transcription is an advanced speech recognition technology that provides precise, automated transcripts in a snap. Students, Faculty and Staff can now access this new service at no cost, as part of a 6-month pilot being offered by ITS, to gage usage from the Campus Community." (https://i.carleton.ca/its-software/nvivo-transcription/)
Please check it out and tell us what you think about it, especially if you think we should purchase it on a permanent basis - remember, we only have it for a 6 month trial, going from March 2021 to August 2021.
Want to know more about it? Contact us for recordings for the webinars below:
- NVivo: Transcription Integration with NVivo - Going Beyond the Words
- NVivo Transcription: Your Automated Transcription Assistant
See what's new in latest Windows version:
[or see what's new in latest Mac version]
COVID-19 UPDATE :
- We are currently NOT available for online consultations until June 2021.
- (individuals or groups) via e-mail, Zoom, Big Blue Button, etc.
- Our services are for CU faculty, students and staff only.
- Our Fall 2021 Workshop schedule will be posted by September 20, 2021.
- QSR NVivo has gathered a number of resources to help you move your qualitative research online during the COVID-19 pandemic in their Remote Research Center
GET THE SOFTWARE & LICENSE KEY:
- We now have the license key for the NEW version of NVivo released in Spring 2020
- To get the license key, connect to this ITS page and then follow their link to the license form.
- License key is free to CU students, faculty, and staff, and is good for both Mac and Windows versions
- Download the software [you'll need to set up a myNVivo Portal account to do this]
IMPORTANT: after downloading the software and installing it, when it asks you to "Activate NVivo", you need to use the "enterprise key" link (smaller font, below the myNVivo link) to enter our license key
- Projects created using older versions of NVivo can be opened in the new version, see details.
- Any questions related to the license for NVivo itself (as opposed to how to use the software) should be directed to Carleton's ITS Service Desk
- NVivo Academy: includes links for on demand free webinars, paid online workshops
- NVivo by QSR YouTube channel
- QSR's official NVivo help pages:
- You can submit questions to QSR NVivo tech support. They are usually quite prompt in answering
- Like the QSR- NVivo Facebook page
- Folllow the QSR Nvivo blog
- Join the Linked In NVivo user group
- Looking for more resources to help with coding in general?
- See our Coding for Qualitative Research Subject Guide.
- Don't want to do your own manual transcribing?