NVivo is a software package that helps with qualitative data analysis. Keep track of all data associated with your project, code your data, create models to help organize your research, run queries on your coded data, create charts and reports for sharing with others...
NVIVO TRANSCRIPTION RENEWED
Want to know more about it? Contact us for these webinar recordings:
COVID-19 UPDATE : Fall 2021
- We are available for online consultations(for individuals or groups) via e-mail, Zoom, Big Blue Button, etc.
- Our services are for CU faculty, students and staff only.
- QSR NVivo has gathered a number of resources to help you move your qualitative research online during the COVID-19 pandemic in their Remote Research Center
GET THE SOFTWARE & LICENSE KEY:
To get the license key:
- Connect to this ITS page and then follow their link to the license form.
- License key is free to CU students, faculty, and staff, and is good for both Mac and Windows versions
(license key for NVivo 12 still available if needed, we encourage you to upgrade to the latest version)
To download the software:
- Sign up for a myNVivo Portal account using your full Carleton email address email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use the Download tab
- IMPORTANT: after downloading the software and installing it, when it asks you to "Activate NVivo", you need to use the "enterprise key" link (smaller font, below the myNVivo link) to enter our license key
- Projects created using older versions of NVivo can be opened in the new version, see details.
- Any questions related to the license for NVivo itself (as opposed to how to use the software) should be directed to Carleton's ITS Service Desk
Our Related Help Guides:
- Coding for Qualitative Research Subject Guide.
- Qualitative Research - Transcription Help Subject Guide.