NVivo is a software package that helps with qualitative data analysis. Keep track of all data associated with your project, code your data, create models to help organize your research, run queries on your coded data, create charts and reports for sharing with others...
- Carleton's Nvivo 11 Pro license covers both the Mac and Windows version.
- The 2 versions do not offer exactly the same features.
- Carleton's license does NOT yet cover NVivo 12
Introduction to NVivo video:
- This brief video introduces you to NVivo 11 Pro and how it can be used as part of your research process
- Download NVivo 11 Pro (scroll down to "older versions") do NOT download NVivo 12 as our license does not currently cover this version
- To get the license key fill out the NVivo Software Agreement (NOTE: different forms for FASS and non-FASS students and faculty)
- Also available on the terminal server in all CCS student computer labs. (Look under Start, Programs, Other Applications, Terminal Server ( login with same account info) then All Programs, NVivo
We offer some scheduled workshops as well as on-demand NVivo workshops to individual, small groups, and classes for Carleton University students, faculty or staff. Contact email@example.com to make arrangements. Topics covered can include:
- Overview of features
- How to import your data
- How to create nodes
- How to code your data
- Building and running queries
- Building models and charts
- Exporting projects items
NVivo also hosts a number of free online brown-bag webinars, paid online workshops, and sometimes does 2-day face-to-face workshops. See their training and events information for details
- Online tutorials: choose your version of NVivo from the pull down menu
- "How to" Videos
- Getting Started Resources from NVivo
- On Reserve in the Library (5 day loan)