Adding Course Reading Materials for Your Students
The Library’s Course Reserve Service supports teaching and learning by providing access to course materials to students.
For Spring/Summer 2022 we are offering print lending services for in-person courses only. For online courses, we will provide access to materials electronically. This is to accommodate all students while courses remain online, hyflex and in-person.
- Please submit the list of your course reading materials as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org. Materials needed for the first 4-6 weeks of class will be processed first, with the remaining items added before the reading date.
- Please allow additional time for processing videos or films where we will have to obtain streaming rights. Chapters that require copyright clearance may also need more processing time.
- We will ensure that all readings will be copyright compliant and will be available in Ares and viewable in Brightspace.
If your class is online and there is no ebook available to purchase, the following alternatives could be an option:
- Subject to copyright and fair dealing guidelines, individual chapters can be scanned and made available to students through Ares.
- Consider alternatives by using materials from the Library’s digital collections. (e-books, articles from journals etc.)
- Material from public domain and open access sources can be added to Ares.
Harvard Business Review Cases and Articles
Cases, simulations, articles and teaching materials available in Harvard Business Review for Educators, included in our license agreement, can also be placed on electronic reserve in Ares.
Please note that most commercial textbook publishers do not license e-textbooks to libraries. If you decide to use a textbook from a commercial publisher, there is a very good chance we will not be able to provide access to it, the only option will be for students to purchase the textbook. Please contact reserves staff if you would like us to look into your textbook availability.
To submit your requests:
- Submit your reading list to email@example.com.
- If you have had material previously in Ares, please send us an email and the reserves staff will work with you to clone over the material.
- Teaching Assistants can assist you with reviewing content in Ares. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to have your TA added to your course.