To Access Course Reserves:
- Login directly to Ares. Enter your MyCarleton username and password to view the list of readings on reserve.
- Access your reading list in Brightspace (if your instructor has activated Ares).
How to View your Library Reserve Material
- Select a course in the main menu.
- Select an item from the reading list by clicking on the title.
- Electronic materials can be viewed by selecting View this item. A link to the article, or, alternately the pdf can then be viewed.
- For physical books available in the Reserves Room, the call number is listed in the item record. Physical reserves books are only available for in person classes for Winter 2022
Note: Please ensure you have the up-to-date Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer to access electronic reserve items.
Tips for using Ares
- Under class details for each course you have the option of subscribing to email notifications by adding your email address. Once an item is processed and available you will receive an email.
- Create a hot list of readings that you will use often and it will always appear in the main menu.
- Assign personal tags to organize or group your readings.
Questions? If you experience problems logging into Ares or accessing your readings please contact Library_Reserves@carleton.ca for assistance.