Carleton University Library is now offering a Scan on Demand service. With this service, Carleton faculty, staff, students and alumni are now able to request portions of eligible library materials to be scanned. Once processed, the link to access your material will be sent to your Carleton email address.
At this time, community borrowers are not eligible for this service.
Eligible materials include chapters from books, articles, government documents and other print items in the collection, subject to certain limits defined by copyright. Scan on demand delivery is limited to one chapter per book, one article per journal volume, or an excerpt of 10% of a total work. This service includes items in the course reserves collection.
This scanning service is for personal educational use only. Faculty and instructors wanting to share a reading with their students should contact email@example.com
A limit of 10 requests may be submitted daily.
How to Place a Request
- Login to your Library Account
- In OMNI, search for an item in the library collection.
- Select "Request Digital Copy (chapter or article)" listed under Print Availability
- Accept the Copyright statement.
Your request has been submitted for processing.
How Scan on Demand Delivery Works
- Our staff will scan the document, if print item is available in the collection, within 2-4 business days from the time the request is placed.
- You will receive an email with attachment to your MyCarletonOne account.