Content last reviewed:
What's available in the building? What can I do?
- Study spaces are available throughout the building. Floors 3 and 5 and silent study floors. However, due to renovations in the library during summer 2022, there will be noise and disruptions on floors 2, 3 and 4. Floor 5 is your best bet for quiet study space.
- Note that the front of floor 4 (facing the quad) is closed from May 30 for renovations. The entire 4th floor is closed from June 3. Renovations are expected to finished mid-October.
- Computers are available on a first come first serve basis on floors 2 and 3. A few are available in the back of floor 1.
- Study rooms are open and can be booked up to 1 week in advance. Note that study rooms on the 4th floor are unavailable, due to construction.
- Food and drink: Light snacks (i.e. granola bars, fruit, vegetables, muffins, yogurt, etc.) and covered drinks are permitted at study desk and tables in the Library.
- Masks: See: Carleton's COVID-19 Mask Policy.
We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the Library Code of Conduct to learn how you can help make the Library a respectful and welcoming space for everyone.
Can I come in to access books and other items in the collection?
- Yes! See Accessing Physical Items for full details on how you can access our physical collections.
- Limited print reserves are available at the Library Services Desk. Please access course reserves through Ares or Brightspace.
- Return borrowed library materials to a returns bins located on Library Road, Tunnel entrance, or Level 2 main entrance.
What services are available in the Library?
- All washrooms are available.
- Research Help is available online and at the Research Help Desk on Level 2.
- The printers/photocopiers/scanners are available.
- The New Sun Joy MacLaren Centre is by appointment only.
- Archives & Special Collections is open for walk-in service.
- GIS software is available on many computers in the library, see GIS Software and Workstations.
- The Statistics Canada Research Data Centre (RDC) is by appointment only.
- Lost and Found services have been suspended until further notice.