Content last reviewed:
What's available in the building? What can I do?
- Study spaces are available throughout the building. Floors 3 and 5 and silent study floors.
- Computers are available on a first come first serve basis on floors 2 and 3. A few are available in the back of floor 1.
- Study rooms are open and can be booked up to 1 week in advance.
- Food and drink: Light snacks (i.e. granola bars, fruit, vegetables, muffins, yogurt, etc.) and covered drinks are permitted at study desk and tables in the Library.
We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the Library Code of Conduct to learn how you can help make the Library a respectful and welcoming space for everyone.
Can I come in to access books and other items in the collection?
- Yes! See Accessing Physical Items for full details on how you can access our physical collections.
- Limited print reserves are available at the Library Services Desk. Please access course reserves through Ares or Brightspace.
- Return borrowed library materials to a returns bins located on Library Road, Tunnel entrance, or Level 2 main entrance.
What services are available in the Library?
- All washrooms are available.
- Research Help is available online and at the Research Help Desk on Level 2.
- The printers/photocopiers/scanners are available.
- The New Sun Joy MacLaren Centre is by appointment only.
- Archives & Special Collections is open for walk-in service.
- GIS software is available on many computers in the library, see GIS Software and Workstations.
- The Statistics Canada Research Data Centre (RDC) is by appointment only.
- Lost and Found services have been suspended until further notice.