If you're visiting us in Fall 2020, here's what you need to know
Level 2 (ground level) is open as study space with limited services, hours and staff. All other floors are closed.
We are generally open Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, but our Fall 2020 Hours page always has up-to-date hours.
Who's allowed to visit the building?
- Only current Carleton students, faculty, instructors and staff are permitted to visit the building.
- You must show your ID (Campus Card or UPass) at the entrance.
- A maximum of 100 people can be in the building at one time (excluding library staff). Check our Twitter Account for updates on building capacity.
Are there special procedures in place?
- Please enter on the ground level. The Tunnel Entrance is closed.
- You will be asked to sanitize your hands upon entrance.
- You must wear a mask at all times, to comply with Carleton's Covid-19 Mask Policy (pdf).
- Follow all directional and physical distancing signage.
- Please do not move the furniture, as we've organized it to respect physical distancing.
- Before leaving, please clean the area you've used with supplied cleaning materials, and remove any garbage. Cleaning supplies are available throughout the building.
Failure to follow these rules could result in the loss of privileges.
What's available in the building? What can I do?
Only Level 2 of the building is open, and it is primarily for study space:
- Private cubicle and tables are available.
- Space is for individual study only. Groups are not permitted.
- A limited number of computers are available on a first come first serve basis.
- Rooms are for individual use only, on a first come first serve basis. Rooms are not available for booking.
- All seating is distanced. Cleaning supplies are available.
Are there any other services available?
- All washrooms on Level 2 are available, including the universal washroom.
- Research Help is available online.
- The printers/photocopiers/scanners are available.
- The Library Service Desk is open for directional assistance only. All circulation is done through our curbside pickup and mailing service.
- Return borrowed library materials to one of the three returns bins (Library Road, Tunnel, Level 2 main entrance). The Library Service Desk will not accept returns.
- Bloomberg terminals are not accessible in person, see Access Bloomberg off campus.
- You may access microfiche with assistance from staff at the Library Services Desk
- The New Sun Joy MacLaren Centre is by appointment only. A student attendant will be present to check in registered users.
- The Statistics Canada Research Data Centre (RDC) is by appointment only.
- Starbucks (PageBreak) is closed.
- Lost and Found services have been suspended until further notice.
Can I come in to access books and other items in the collection?
- The physical collection is only available through curbside pickup and mailing service and HathiTrust Temporary Access Service. The library stacks are closed and there is no access to the physical collections in the building.
- The physical reserves collections is closed. Please login to Ares to see your electronic course materials.
- See Accessing Physical Items for full details on how you can access our physical collections.